Armenia has become associate member of “World Skills” international organization since 2012 with the representation of Centre of Vocational Educational and Training Development.
Students from Middle Vocational Educational institutions have the chance to compete with the students from 65 other countries in case of being the winner of National stage.
“World Skills” 43rd international competition will take place in 2015, in San Paulo. Armenia will compete with the following 3 skills:
- Fashion technology
To conform their own skills candidates have to win the National competition which will carried out with pre-election and basic stages.
Students from educational institutions can take part in competition if:
- they are second or third year students
- they have 80% excellent or good progress in their professional modules
- they know good English and Russian
For the participation in competition the following documents must be presented:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Student’s progress reference signed by director
- 3 letters of recommendation from their experts and teachers teaching professional modules
- 3×4 size 2 photos
For taking part in pre-election stage directors must present all documents to France-Armenian professional educational centre ( Yerevan, Tigran Mets 38, tel. 57-85-33, 57-84-34), till the 18th of October.
In initial stage of competition, which will take place in October 22, candidates must overcome the following stages
- Written professional test
- Practical exercise, when they show professional any simple action
- Interview, during which must be checked their communication skills, attitude towards profession and also their knowledge of English and Russian
National competition will take place in Yerevan in the second half of November. For each profession will be one winner. Winners from those 3 professions will have an opportunity to take part in “World Skills” international competition in San Paulo.